tattoos

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Recipe: Fruit Cake


Yummy yummy fruit cake!

I've baked this a few times always turn out fabulous like how all the things I baked (must hao lian here) and also deleted the photos on fruit cakes as many times as I've baked it but who cares? I'm going to blog about it and all who find the photos with my hand in it is gross, I'm not sorry.

Look at the end product. I don't care.
Because I'm too lazy to explain, I stuck the photos in pairs. Recipe at the bottom.


Step 1


Sift icing sugar into a bowl of 150g SOFTEN butter to remove big rocks and pebbles.
Mix them.


Step 2


Apparently, it's easier to beat egg white till foamy when they are alone.


Use a mixer unless you have a muscular friend who can go on beating for 45 minutes continuously. Leave the egg yolk aside.

Step 3


Mixed fruits need not be exactly 225g.


Add more or lesser according to preference. If you add too much you'll be like eating mixed fruit bar. Crazily hard.

Step 4


Add in the 3 egg yolks, 50g sugar and mixed butter with icing sugar.


THEN... Off your mixer and wash your hands.

Step 5


Mix with your hands till they look like this.

Step 6



Add flour. Mix.

Step 7


Add mixed fruits. Mix.


Do them repeatedly till you mixed them all up. It'll prevent the mix fruits from sinking to the bottom after you bake it not cause my mixer spoil.

Step 8


Pour them into bread loaf tin.

Step 9


Bake for 30 minutes.




VOILA!


Obviously if you pour all the batter into the tin, it won't be so small. I separated them into 2. One is thin another thick.

Recipe

I didn't use stout, tried it with and without, wasn't a difference.

Alright! If you tried, let me know how your's turned out to be ya?

xoxo,
ClaireChing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger