tattoos

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Against animal testing.

The weather is freaking me out.
I've been home the whole day and yesterday. Intially I made plans to
get down to Bugis. Pray and shop a lil bit but look at the weather. Ass.

Whatever,
I was so free yesterday, I remembered this video (below) I chanced upon few months back,
about Animal Testing.

Like how products are tested before they are released into the market.
Oh. Animal Testing. Okay. Nothing. I thought.

But they test their product using inhumane methods.
- Bashing baboons when there's mannequins;
- Burning pigs when there's cloned human skin;
- Spraying products into rabbits' eyes when there's cell-based tissue models;
- Forcing dogs and monkey to smoke cigarettes when its dangerous.





This was the video I watched from PETA. 
Well, if you don't have 3 minutes then read on..


Growing up I hear people saying that white mice, pigs and even frog have similar systems
as human.

But fact is,
Mice (pigs and frog) and human does not match. They are NOT real man.
Their systems are different from ours. Animal can't tell how much it hurts.

Still,
they bleed and suffer just as we do. Testing on animals give faulty results.



Animal testing is unscientific. You can't accurately apply the results to human.
Life's are wasted here.



Instead of looking up on photos showing how those tests are carried out I wrote down
common brands which do and don't do animal testing.

And I realized a lot of which in the DO list are brands I'm using currently.




Products I like and give me results almost acceptable are produced after they underwent
animal testing. Now that I know there's no way I can use them and feel guilt-free! 

Thank god, there's alternative. Though its really scarce.




I can change my current products (cosmetic) to Bobbi Brown/ M.A.C/ The Body Shop and VICTORIA'S SECRET!
Though they may cost more but its not an issue to me. There's Revlon too.

First let me finish those products I own before I change.

xoxo,
Claire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger